Sunday, March 17, 2013

Coming Back to a Neglected Blog

Lately I've been thinking a lot about returning to the blog. I found myself thinking 'I should write a post about this' or 'I could blog about that' and then stopping myself. How do you return to a forgotten and neglected blog? I didn't know what to say, or how to come back. I was worried I would just end up in one of those awkward situations like when you bump into an old acquaintance after years of not seeing one another. What would I say? Would my blog just stare blankly at me as if to say 'Oh sure, now you want to come back. What do you have to say for yourself?'. But today, I decided that however awkward it might be I must face it.

And as with so many things in life, I had nothing to fear. How wonderful it is to decide to take action despite the discomfort it may cause only to find that there was nothing to worry about in the first place. Coming back to my faithful blog hasn't been awkward at all. I typed in www.blogger.com and to my surprise I was already signed in. No need to fret about remembering a password because the blog was right here waiting for me. As I clicked on my last post I wondered what it would say. Oh the irony! I had posted a to-do list for myself, promising to log in with updates throughout the week. That was nearly a year ago! Needless to say I'm sure I did everything as planned. :)

So much has changed in the past year and sadly I am certain I will never be able to recount it all. Those months that I could have shared with my blog are lost. But I hope the lessons I have learned, and all of the joy, happiness, pain, sadness, anxiety, and excitement that I experienced will be reflected in how I write about the days ahead. I know truly that the past year has made me a different person. A better person. I look forward to coming back to this forgotten and neglected blog, and telling my story to these unassuming pages.


See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment